Wednesday, June 27, 2012

In which I play with chalk

Doing things for the first time seems to be the norm these months since graduation, and today, I got to add another activity to the First Time List: redoing one of the menu boards. The time had come for us to change the focus from the new mild roast coffee to our special sale on our blended drinks. Since the girl who usually rewrote the boards wasn't at the shop this morning, I got to try my hand at it.

And we use chalk markers!

The copy for the board was basic information about the promotional sale, but the choice of colors was left to my own discretion. And, I confess, I tried a couple combinations and had to wash the board several times before I figured that the white, green, and pink seemed to work best together. I probably took longer on the menu board that was truly necessary, but I wanted it to be well-done. After all, if it didn't turn out well the first time I tried my hand at board writing, I most likely wouldn't get a second chance.

For all my care, though, once we hung the board back up, we saw that the writing was a touch slanted. Rather than taking the board back down and rerwiting the whole thing, we merely shifted the paper picture of the drinks beside the writint to match. It wasn't too shabby, if I say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment