Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Ooops

You know how you recognize something and comment on it to show that you recognize it...and then you realize that you were completely mistaken? I did that today.

Poor bunny
I was working the drive through, and this kid pulled up to the window. As I took his money, I recognized his light yellow and grey shirt as one that Geneva put out many years ago (I happen to have one myself, but it's something like a triple hand-me-down). The minute I handed him his change and said, "Nice shirt!" he shifted, and I realized that any word that ends in "-ell" cannot be "Geneva." I fled, hoping he wouldn't think I was flirting, but I'm not sure how well that worked out for me.

Thankfully, he drove away without trying to make more conversation. That's the beauty of the drive through. One minute they're there talking to you, and the next they have gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment